Will there be facilities and catering?
Yes, we have outside toilet facilities with washing and hand sanitiser stations in various locations and outdoor pop up outlets offering takeaway hot drinks and snacks. Discover what’s open so you can make the most of your visit with us at this time. See our opening times page for more details.
I have purchased a Palace, Park and Gardens ticket / Annual Pass, can I still visit?
Yes, you can still visit the Park and Gardens but the Palace will be closed. If you would like to move your ticket to a different date please do so by visiting our book an arrival time page. This will allow you to rebook a date and time, your ticket will remain valid until 31st March 2021.
I have purchased a Park and Gardens ticket, can I still visit?
Yes, you can still visit us with your Park and Gardens ticket during this time. To find out how to make the most of your Autumn visit at this beautiful time of year please visit our Autumn page.
Are you following the 1 metre or 2 metre distance rules?
We are currently maintaining a 2 metre distance rule throughout the site. We ask all guests to follow this while onsite to enable social distancing. Please follow any floor markings or safety guidance in relation to social distancing.
What other safety and hygiene measures will you be taking to make me feel safe on my visit?
We have introduced the following steps to keep you feeling safe:
- Giving a warm welcome at a distance
- Patrolling our site to monitor visitor activity
- Using one-way systems
- Our staff will wear personal protective equipment where required
- Operating a cashless system
What we ask of you in return:
- Keep two metres away from other visitors
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds after using facilities
- Use the hand sanitiser dispensers at every opportunity
- Wear face coverings where required, unless medically exempt.
- Follow the safety guidance that is located at key locations across the Palace, Park and Gardens
Can I buy an Annual Pass or Gift Voucher?
Yes and we would welcome your support by making these purchases. By donating your admission and subsequently agreeing to Gift Aid we can continue to complete vital restoration and conservation works to keep Blenheim maintained and secure for future generations.
Do I need to book a date and time slot if I have a walking pass?
No you do not need to book a time slot. If your walking pass has expired please book an arrival time and visit the Annual Pass Kiosk to renew.
Do I need to book a date and time slot if I have an annual pass?
Existing Annual Pass, partner card or ticket holders are required to book a park arrival time and date through our website before arriving. Head to the Book arrival time page to book. If you wish to visit on or after Thursday 3rd December and wish to explore the Palace you'll also need to book a Palace entry time.
Other guidance we ask you to kindly follow whilst visiting:
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Cycling to and from Blenheim Palace is encouraged, however we do not permit cycling in the park. Bicycle racks are provided.
- The Park and Gardens are part of a working Estate, be aware of vehicles and works being undertaken to enable the continued enjoyment of your visit.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times. We welcome dogs on site and in our park, but please note dogs are not allowed in the Formal Gardens with the exception of assistance dogs.
- BBQs or fires are not permitted anywhere in grounds.
- Due to the historic nature of the Estate, there are uneven surfaces and walkways.
- Drones must not be used anywhere onsite due to the proximity to Oxford Airport and for the protection of the public and buildings.
- The Estate is managed naturally to ensure that the different ecosystems work in harmony, please be aware that at different times of the year there can be insects which may sting or bite eg Blandford flies (between May and June and close to water), ticks or wasps/bees. It is recommended to follow the NHS advice on prevention of bites and stings and the guidance on symptoms and treatment if you experience a bite or sting.