1st Duke of Marlborough
1st Duke of Marlborough, John (b. 1650, d. 1722) married (m. 1678) Sarah Jenyns (b. 1660, d.1744), daughter of Richard Jenyns of St.Albans.
Duke from 1702 - 1722, had seven children.
The 1st Duke and Duchess’ first child was a little girl, Harriet, born October 1679 but did not live long.
Children of the 1st Duke:
- Anne (b. 1684, d. 1716) married Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl Sunderland
- John Marquess of Blandford (b. 1686, d. 1703)
- Mary (b. 1689, d. 1751) married John, 2nd Duke of Montagu
- Elizabeth (b. 1687, d. 1714) married Scroop, 5th Earl Bridgewater
- Charles (b. 1690, d. 1692)
2nd Duchess of Marlborough
2nd Duchess of Marlborough, Henrietta (b. 1681, d. 1733, m.1698) married Francis 2nd Earl Godolphin.
Succeeded as Duchess in 1722. When Henrietta died her nephew, Charles Spencer, 5th Earl Sunderland, inherited the Marlborough title.
Duchess from 1722-1733, Henrietta had three children.
3rd Duke of Marlborough
Charles Spencer (b. 1706, d. 1758) married Elizabeth, daughter of Earl Trevor.
Duke from 1733-1758, had five children.
Brothers and Sisters of the 3rd Duke:
- Robert Spencer, 4th Earl Sunderland (b. 1701, d. 1729)
- John Spencer (ancestor of the Earls Spencer) married Georgina, daughter of Earl Granville b.1708 d.1746
- Diana Spencer (b. 1708, d. 1735) married John Russell, later 4th Duke of Bedford
- Anne Spencer (b. 1702 d. 1769) married 1st Viscount Bateman
4th Duke of Marlborough
George Spencer (b. 1739, d. 1817 married Caroline Russell, daughter of Duke of Bedford (b. 1743, d. 1811)
Duke from 1758-1817, had eight children.
5th Duke of Marlborough
George Spencer-Churchill (b. 1766, d. 1841) married Susan, daughter of 7th Earl of Galloway (b. 1767, d. 1841)
Duke from 1817-1841, had six children.
The 5th Duke was authorised to take and use the name of Churchill, in addition to and after that of Spencer, in order to perpetuate the family surname of John, 1st Duke of Marlborough.
6th Duke of Marlborough
George Spencer-Churchill (b. 1793, d. 1857) married:
- (i) Jane, daughter of 8th Earl of Galloway (died 1844)
- (ii) Charlotte, daughter of Viscount Ashbrook (died 1850)
- (iii) Jane, daughter of Honourable Edward Stewart (died 1897)
Duke from 1840-1857, had seven children.
7th Duke of Marlborough
John Winston Spencer-Churchill (b.1822, d. 1883) married Frances, daughter of Marquess of Londonderry (d. 1899)
Duke from 1857-1883, had eleven children. Grandfather of Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill.
8th Duke of Marlborough
George Charles Spencer-Churchill (b. 1844, d. 1892) married:
- (i) Albertha, daughter of Duke of Abercorn (d. 1932)
- (ii) Lilian, daughter of Cicero Price (d. 1909)
Duke from 1883-1892 had four children.
Brother of 8th Duke, Randolph Henry Spencer-Churchill (b. 1849, d. 1895) married Jennie, daughter of Leonard Jerome (USA) (d. 1921). Their son, Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill (born at Blenheim Palace 30th November 1874, d. 1965) married Clementine, daughter of Sir Henry Montagu Hozier (d. 1977).
9th Duke of Marlborough
Charles Richard John Spencer-Churchill (b.1871 Suc. 1892 d. 1934) married
- (i) Consuelo Vanderbilt in 1895 (d. 1964)
- (ii) Gladys Deacon in 1921 (d. 1977)
Duke from 1892-1934, had 2 children.
10th Duke of Marlborough
10th Duke of Marlborough, John Albert Edward William Spencer-Churchill (b. 1897, d. 1972) married:
- (i) (1920) Alexandra Mary Cadogan, daughter of Viscount Chelsea (d. 1961)
- (ii) (1972) Laura, daughter of Honourable Guy Charteris (d. 1990)
Duke from 1934-1972, had five children.
Brother: Ivor Charles Spencer-Churchill (born 1898, died 1956)
11th Duke of Marlborough
John George Vanderbilt Henry Spencer-Churchill (born 13th April 1926)
Duke from 1972 - 2014
John George Vanderbilt Henry Spencer-Churchill (born 13th April 1926) married:
- (i) Susan Mary, daughter of Michael Hornby (m.1951-1961, d. 2005)
- John David Ivor Spencer-Churchill (b. 1952, d. 1955)
- 12th Duke of Marlborough - Charles James Spencer-Churchill (b. 24th November 1955)
- Henrietta Mary Spencer-Churchill (b. 1958) married (1980) Nathan Gelber
- David Aba Gelber (b. 1981)
- Maxamillian Henry Gelber (b. 1985)
- (ii) Athina Mary, daughter of Stavros G.Livanos (m. 1961-1971, d. 1974)
- (iii) Dagmar Rosita, daughter of Count Carl Ludwig Douglas (m.1972-2008)
- Richard Spencer-Churchill (b. 1973, d. 1973)
- Edward Albert Charles Spencer-Churchill (b. 1974)
- Alexandra Elizabeth Mary Spencer-Churchill (b. 1977)
- (iv) Lily Mahtani (m. 2008)
- Charles George William Colin Spencer-Churchill (b.1940, d. 2016) married:
- (i) Gillian Spreckels Fuller (1965)
- (ii) Elizabeth Jane Wyndham (1970)
- (iii) Sarah Goodbody (2014)
- Sarah Consuelo Spencer-Churchill (b. 1921, d. 2000) married:
- (i) Edwin F.Russell (1943)
- (ii) Guy Burgos (1966)
- (iii) Theodorous Roubanis (1967)
- Caroline Spencer-Churchill (b. 1923, d. 1992) married Major Charles Hugo Waterhouse (1948)
- Rosemary Mildred Spencer-Churchill (b. 1929) married Charles Robert Muir (1953)
12th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough
Succeeded in 2014
Charles James Spencer-Churchill (b. 24th November 1955) married:
- (i) (1990-1998) Rebecca Mary Few Brown
- George John Godolphin Spencer-Churchill, Marquess of Blandford (b. 28th July 1992)
- (ii) (2002) Edla Griffiths
- Araminta Clementine Megan Cadogan Spencer-Churchill (b. 2007)
- Caspar Ivor Ellis Spencer-Churchill (b. 2008)