In the 19th Century Blenheim Palace formed its own fire brigade comprising staff from all over the Estate. In August 1898, the 9th Duke of Marlborough, President of the National Fire Brigades Union, hosted a five day Fire Brigades Camp and Rally at Blenheim. Brigades came from as far afield as Exeter and Hastings.
We are delighted to announce that the Blenheim Palace Fire Engine will shortly be returning to its original home and will be displayed in its original quarters. The fire engine was discovered in storage at Nuneaton Fire Station in 2019 and will be back at Blenheim Palace fully restored.