Painted in 1928 for Gladys Deacon, second wife of the 9th Duke, the striking eyes had suffered from over 80 years of exposure to the elements and damage from a leak in the portico roof above and were restored in 2007/2008.
The project took five months to complete, was carried out by a team of specialists and involved intricate repairs to the plaster work and conservation of the original paint work.
Plan de visite et informations
Karte & Informationen für Besucher
Mapa e información para el visitante
Карта и информация для посетителей