Environmental and Social Responsibility Policy
At Blenheim Palace we are committed to working in a sustainable way. We are undertaking the following actions in order to achieve this:
- We comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved code of practice.
- We will continuously seek to improve our environmental and social performance.
- We reduce pollution, emissions and waste.
- We reduce the use of energy, water and other resources.
- We raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in sustainable business practices.
- We expect similar environmental practices from all our suppliers and contractors.
- We assist customers to use products and services in an environmentally sensitive way.
- We liaise with our local community.
- We have minimised our risk associated with social and environmental issues.
- We have joined the Green Tourist Business Scheme as an indicator of our sustainable practices.
Feel Good...Responsible Visitor Charter
Seven things you can do to help reduce your environmental impact:
We are working to make our destination more environmentally sensitive, but we need your help. We can all reduce our impact on the environment by making choices. As a visitor you have a very important role to play in helping us to conserve our natural assets and become a more sustainable destination. Here are our recommended tips on how you can help:
Reduce energy by switching off lights and closing windows if heating is on. The Energy Saving Trust provides information on what you can do at home.
Give the Car a Rest
Leave the car behind, if only for a day. Walk, cycle or use public transport. We will happily provide you with advice.
Use local products, they give you a flavour of the area and help support local communities. We are fortunate to have some fantastic producers of food, drink and arts and crafts. Ask us about local markets or local and regional produce.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Try to avoid overly packaged goods and say no to that extra carrier bag. You can also support us in our efforts to recycle - please ask staff for more details.
Be Water Wise
The UK has rising costs for water treatment and flood defense so please us water wisely. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to towel policies or other water saving initiatives.
Help us to look after the landscape and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths and cycle-ways responsibly. Ensure you follow the Countryside Code.
Support Green Businesses
There are thousands of businesses in the British Isles working to reduce their carbon footprint through the Green Tourism Business Scheme. Businesses are awarded Bronze, Silver and Gold for their efforts to be more sustainable.
We would like you to help us. Please let us have your suggestions on what we can do to improve our sustainability.